Sunday, September 13, 2009
Handmade Kids
I'm so excited my Handmade Kids project is finished. You may remember the package I received in August well I've made up all my little goodies. Of course I made a Traveller.
I used the gorgeous fluffy fabric as the pocket, I just couldn't stop running my hand over it.
Then I made up some hair ties and bobby pins and a giant fluffy brooch.
Then one night I was looking at the fabric thinking about what else I could make and the circles threw up an idea. I decided to make a bean bag throwing game. I then backed the circles with calico and filled them with rice. I wanted to make some sort of target for the game so before I sewed up the circles I scanned them in to the computer.
Then I printed them on to tshirt transfer paper. I cut a large circle from calico and ironed the printed circles on, then I backed that with some fabric from Ikea. I wanted to make the target into a bag to hold the rice filled bags. After some discussions with a few people I ended up putting buttonholes in the edges and threading twill through it. It pulls up into a bag.
I'm really happy with how it turned out and I have a few changes in mind but I think these might make an appearance at Mathildas in November. The girls tried it out today for me.
I think there are heaps of options with this, you could use it for colour recognition, counting or just for fun
And when you've finished throw it over your shoulder and off you go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Oh I love that last photo ....
Great projects Cass. But wow! Look at the girls in their BEAUTIFUL dresses!!!!
Great idea! I love the story dice in your last post too - will they be appearing in your madeit shop?
Awwww the last photo is so sweet!
Beautiful handmade dresses I presume?
Hey Cass, love all of the gift you made, especially the bag at the end! I think the way you have done it is a lot better than the binding, especially for little kids, they would find it difficult to pull the cord the other way.
Love the photos of the girls, and the dresses, are they new ones?
What a fantastic idea Cass and it looks like a big hit with the girls!!!
This is fantastic Cass - love the bean bag game! And the girls look gorgeous in their dresses : )
YOu're a clever girl, Cass - and your girls look gorgeous in their beautiful dresses!
What a brilliant idea Cass, something new for the mix! Should do well at pre-chrissie markets me thinks.
Love it Cass, Genius!!
that is a brilliant idea! :)
I LOVE that bean baggy target game! And the packaging ;-) It's very cool.
Excellent ideas and execution!
Cass - that is a BRILLIANT notion! Couldn't get much easier for packing up either...
That bean bag throwing game is too cute for words! Love the last picture too.
Post a Comment