Check out the other quilts here
Here are a couple of photos of what I made for Lily. Hand pieced hexagons made from Wonderland on Japanese linen. The back is Wonderland as well.
Here are a couple of photos of what I made for Lily. Hand pieced hexagons made from Wonderland on Japanese linen. The back is Wonderland as well.
10 comments:
I love your hexagon quilt and very lucky you getting those mushrooms!
Wow - isn't Joy so talented. I think that is my personal fave!
Love your hexagons by the way, especially the hand quilting.
Glad you like it Cass. All the mushrooms and crazy patches in the quilts in your flickr faves inspired me to try my own version of random piecing and a mushroom theme. I was a bit worried as you like a lot of vintagey fabrics but you asked for a modern quilt, so to counterbalance it I used a retro looking fabric to wrap it in. I was going to add a chuppachup for each of the girls but I was out of time and had to get it in the post.
I loved the backing fabric too - I wasn't sure what I was going to use then at the quilt shop this one jumped out at me! I love cherries, so there are a few cherries in the front fabrics and I thought this backing not only tied in the bright colours and fun feel, but also the hidden cherries.
Wow, those mushies are just so cute, I love it :o)
Oh you lucky duck! You made a gorgeous quilt for me, me, me and you received this stunner from Joy!
Wow, oh wow! How gorgeous is that mushroom quilt! I don't think I'd want to share it either.
Cute quilt Cass! The one you made for Lily turned out lovely. Well done!
gorgeous and gorgeous! wow weren't you lucky to get joy...the mushroom! I think you're right...keep it away frome little fingers!
yours is gorgeous! I really need the patience for hexagons!
Corrie:)
They are both super cute ! What a great swap.
stunning quilts!
PS. I have nominated you for a Kreative Blogger award :) http://billyboyandmia.blogspot.com
Post a Comment