Sunday, February 15, 2009

During the holidays I was playing around with a new skirt for Charlotte but it needed a band at the front with elastic at the back and I put it in the too hard basket. While I was looking at my crudely drawn design I thought it would also make a great bag. So I drew it up and cut the pattern and then it got too hot to sew so it sat there for a while. Then I saw this post and threw my cut out pieces on the scrap pile.

Fast forward to Handmade Help and I was thinking about what I could make to send to Gillian to auction and I dug my pieces out of the scrap heap and this is what happened
I used a really nice canvas as the base and an Alexander Henry fabric on top. The bag actually turned out much bigger than I anticipated because I thought it looked too small so added side and base gussets, it's got three large pockets inside, magnetic closed and a long strap. It would actually make a nice nappy bag as it would hang off prams handles well or even a good bag for uni or work stuff. Anyway if you like the look of it keep an eye out on Gilly's site for the auction details.
I also took part on the EB Haby swap and got this parcel from Carolyn. Thanks heaps it's great.

5 comments:

CurlyPops said...

What a lovely bag. I'm loving that gorgeous red fabric!

sewfunky said...

What a neat bag! I love the red fabric too!

And, I love Enid Gilchrist books I have the pinnie one! It's awesome!!!

Little Munchkins said...

I love the design of the bag. And the fabric is gorgeous!

Leah said...

Cass, the bag is great, I think its different to anna maria's anyway, you should do it! make more I mean.

Carolyn said...

that bag is just devine. Love the fabric choice, and your work shows so much talent!
Glad you liked the swap stuff too.